After a morning cleaning at Maggie's Place (a refrigerator and van) on Work Saturday, I felt the urge to tackle my own room at home. So, after some quick errands, that's exactly what I did. About 3 hours, 60ish songs on the iPod, and 3 bags filled with clothes (+ a few extra things) later, it was time to go to Goodwill. Yes, I've still got a long way to go to get everything all packed up and moved out, but at least it was a start.
One of my favorite (if you can have a favorite?) parts of the cleaning was going through some old cards I had received from students last year. The best one was from one of my first year students. It said, "Have a good birthday. You should have a Mexican pinata. (See drawn picture of Mexican pinata.) I know it looks like you hit the pinata but really you hit Mr. Castillo. (See picture again, more closely noting the x's over Mr. Castillo's eyes.)" Oh, I love student-made cards - the creativity brings so much joy...
Tomorrow should bring a nice jog (providing the temperature doesn't heat up too quickly), breakfast (First Watch is my goal), Mass at school, classroom cleaning, lesson planning, and (hopefully) some relaxing.
I hope Sunday brings some relaxing and fun times for you too!
No comments:
Post a Comment