The list of people/things/places that I will miss about Phoenix (and Arizona in general) keeps growing (the list that follows is in no particular order):
1. SJV faculty, students, & families (+ Holy Cross and Salesian communities)
2. mild winters (and driving with the sun roof open mid-January)
3. First Watch & Wildflower Bakery
4. having (well, renting) a house with a backyard (with quails & rabbits - and yesterday I swear I saw a prairie dog)
5. driving on the I-17 & I-10 (even though it was 40 minutes each way in good traffic)
6. CMLE Country 108
7. running at 5:00/5:30 in the morning to beat the heat
8. jokes about "dry heat"
9. hiking
10. being in the valley surrounded by mountains
11. sunsets over the mountains
12. being able to see the stars
13. ACE 17 Phoenixers
14. cacti (in its many varieties)
15. skiing at the AZ Snowbowl
16. being West of the Mississippi
17. not having to switch my clocks for Daylight Savings time
18. Southwest & Mexican cultures (and food!)
... I could keep going, but this list is pretty representative I think.
Pardon my French, but damn it, Chicago, you've got an awful lot to live up to. In less than 4 days, it's Windy City or bust.
No comments:
Post a Comment