As the cashier at Target was putting my items into my reusable bags, I couldn't help but notice how she just kept trying to stuff them. I finally spoke up, as it looked like they would hold no more, and I said, "That's ok, I'll use some plastic ones too." She was surprised because, apparently, people who usually bring in their own bags refuse to use the plastic. I do what I can, but sometimes I just don't have enough bags.
But the whole bag incident got me to thinking...
Sometimes we have so much of something that it starts to spill over...and what if it's a good thing that spills over? What if we create so much love in our hearts that it can't help but find its way flowing from us and into other areas and unto other people? With so much love in our hearts, there is no room for jealousy, hate, sadness. And, quite frankly, I think that would make us all a little more enjoyable to be around, don't you?
So, today I challenge you to fill your heart so much with love that it overflows into everything you do. And then, I challenge you to take a step back from your day's actions and see what trail of joy and love you have left behind.
No comments:
Post a Comment