Friday, April 8, 2011

Thoughts for a Friday

Salute (meant to be pronounced sa-LOO-tay)! It's Friday night - and we're one week closer to spring break following Easter!

I admit that today did bring some disappointment - I was turned down from one of the jobs I had applied to, but I am sure it is God's way of telling me that I am meant for something else next year (or even in the greater scheme of things). They must have been looking for someone else - and that's ok. Marisa was pretty funny about it too, saying, "So, that's like the first offer you've never received, right?" (I wish. Funny, though.) If we never fail from time to time, then we aren't stretching and pushing ourselves far enough. (And it's not like this was a failure, anyway.)

I also admit that today brought some joy - and this was especially true at the end of the day, when the students kept turning off the lights and shouting "open (circuit)" and then turning them back on and shouting "closed (circuit)!" I couldn't stop them, and, quite frankly, I didn't want to - it was so darn funny and I was so glad they actually remembered which one was which (and what a switch was for).

Maybe the job turn-down was a blessing in disguise - with each day I realize I am meant to surround myself with young people (mmm, maybe 4th grade is the perfect age), and in time, I might just grow into my vocation of teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment