Sunday, December 12, 2010

5 Days, But Who's Counting?

What a end of the week and weekend! It was wonderful to have such a nice visit with my parents and for my mom to spend two days in the classroom. (It's amazing what an extra set of eyes - and hands - can do.) My mom even got to see my sign language club students lead the student body in "Mary, Did You Know?" in honor of Our Lady of Guadalupe at Friday's morning assembly. :)

I won't go through the week and weekend minute by minute (although, we sure did plenty of things and sampled plenty of good food), but one event, the Luminarias at the Botanical Gardens, deserve special attention. My parents, one of my housemates, two current ACErs, and I decided to go, and it was well worth it. The many paths of the gardens were lined with luminary bags, and trees were wrapped in Christmas lights. Best of all, musicians and different musical groups were at different spots around the garden, playing and performing all evening. We heard an a capella quartet, a middle eastern duo, and a handbells choir. I think everyone's favorite, though, was The Hey Boyz, a bluegrass band with lively music and dry, corny jokes. (I think my dad would have stayed planted right there all night if we had let him.)

After my parents and I went to Mass at my school's Church this morning, I dropped them off at the airport (after a short stop in downtown Glendale, where we found most stores closed), did some errands, and then lesson planned for the week. Currently, I am finishing up my sub plans for Thursday and watching "White Christmas". Sure, a Sunday night could be better, but with this movie playing on the tv, who's complaining?

No comments:

Post a Comment