It was a time to run, run, run - The annual ACE marathon was held in Phoenix, AZ in January over MLK weekend, and it was a very successful event for all involved! (+ the Chicago Marathon in October of this year made 2 marathons in 2010!)
It was a time to graduate (and celebrate) - Yes, all good things must come to an end, and the ACE program did just that, with a special graduation ceremony following in July. Looking back, I would consider that time among the best of my life (thus far), and it was worth it, hands down.
It was a time to get involved - During the first weekend in November, I officially became involved as an ACE Advocate regional leader, and I got the ball rolling for some events in January and the near future. Exciting, indeed.
It was a time try new things - Last February I learned how to ski for the first time. I fell so many darn times that I lost count, but, let me tell you, I never had so much fun (after I figured out how to do it) falling and getting back up again. I'm excited to try again in 2011!
It was a time to just be - One of the best things about working at Notre Dame this summer was finding the time to just be present in prayer and to share prayer time with others and on my own. Wow.
Yes, it was a very good year. Teaching-wise, I am pleased I stayed at my school this year. And looking ahead, I know I have options for what to do next. Whether I will stay or move on has yet to be seen, but I'm trusting that God will show me where He wants me to be. And that patience and trust is more than just simply waiting for things to happen or fall in my lap. I know I need to be active both in prayer and in what I do to have things work out, and that is just what I am going to do.
Happy New Year! Be safe and have fun!
Here's to 2011!
Love your attitude Miss Foyle! Beautiful comments! Putting more trust in the the Lord is not always easy but it is always worth it!
ReplyDelete