In a room of 60 people at a conference in Mesa, I found myself sitting in a row with three other Catholic school educators. What are the odds? The woman sitting next to me had been teaching for quite some time, and it turned out she was from Tucson. She had not heard about the ACE program before, but I was quick to make her aware of it at lunch, and I did not let her leave today without giving her the contact information of the ACE Advocates' leader out there as well as the website. Well, that's one more person, now, who is at least a little familiar with ACE and may be willing to help out at some point in the future. We'll see if anything comes of it.
On the way home from the workshop (which was highly practical and helpful, by the way), I stopped by the Scholastic Warehouse book sale, and got a few new titles for my classroom. By the time I got home, it was after 5, so I started organizing and packing before I was able to check in for my flight. (I can't believe I'm leaving tomorrow!)
After some weighing of which books (for fun) and teacher texts to bring, I pretty much finished packing and am now awaiting dinner, which, as George calls it, is a "little taste of Chicago", as it is a deep dish pizza (frozen and shipped from Chicago) and cheesecake (also from Chi-town). Mmm...
Once dinner is finished, I plan to get into some comfortable pajamas, curl up on the couch, and reread HP #7 (movie over the break!). What a night!
No comments:
Post a Comment