One week and 2000+ miles later, I was finally able to donate blood. (And that was after I had a nice middle-distance jog this morning.)
I was actually at the point of chickening out - it's not that I haven't given blood a number of times before, but quite frankly, I hate needles, especially big ones. But I got myself in the car and found my way to the donation center. No, I did not have an appointment, but I was able to go in immediately. It was not comforting in preparing for the needle stick that the woman next to me started retching into a plastic bag. Wonderful. No worries - in, out, and done. Perfect. I'm not due back until after the new year.
The rest of the day has been rather uneventful, unless you count preparing the music and sign language for my class field trip in a week as well as creating instructions for a Christmas break reading project (yes, my students are having homework over the break) as a big deal. Personally, I don't. And the football games (until now) have pretty much been blow-outs - looks like there is no question as far as the National Championship bids go.
Tomorrow will be spent getting groceries, going to Mass, lesson planning, and preparing for my parents' visit (They come Wednesday night!). As for tonight, I don't think there's anything in store for me. I am beat.
No comments:
Post a Comment