Nostalgia...That's the word.
It's what I can't help but feel when I hear Christmas music, especially that from the Nutcracker or ones like White Christmas and O Holy Night.
Those toe-tapping, sing along melodies bring me back to certain holiday memories, favorite Christmas movies, and feelings of excitement felt every year in preparation for Christmas.
Our school's field trip to the symphony was certainly a feast for the ears (and eyes with the changing lights and holiday decorations). I'm pretty sure the students enjoyed it too, although some of them believed they could get out of their homework assignment (1 paragraph about your favorite part of the symphony concert) if they claimed they didn't like anything. Nice try.
After arriving back at school around 1 p.m., I pleasantly realized that we had a mere 2 hours left of the school day. (And no, we were not going out to recess. Sorry kiddos.) We had a quick review of possessives (versus merely plurals) for grammar/spelling, and then we worked on religion and social studies projects. And then it was time to go home. (Alleluia)
Tomorrow, the highlight of my day (at school) will be teaching the students about St. Nicholas - his feast day's on Monday!
The errands after school...mmm...not so much a highlight as a necessity. Que sera, sera.
No comments:
Post a Comment