Sunday, January 2, 2011

Ring in the new year

Happy New Year - it's 2011!

And I'm sitting in front of my computer searching for the motivation to get my planning and organizing done for the week (including Friday's sub plan) and into the next one. (Let's face it, I'm not going to plan for school in Jackson with ACE marathon festivities going on and all.)

I'm hoping Mass this evening will get me focused. We're actually finishing up quite a bit this week, as the semester ends on Friday. For example, we have math benchmark material to review, "It's a Wonderful Life" essays/responses to write, science lab wrap-ups to write, and Our Lady of Guadalupe plays to perform. But we also have some new material to tackle, including studying the fable genre, tackling new spelling words and map locations, beginning science fair projects and finding topics, and other things.

I feel that I have many great ideas to cover in these next few months, but I just hope they translate well into lessons and activities. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Oh, and as far as New Years' resolutions go, I feel I should write mine here so that I hold myself accountable to more than just myself, so here goes:
Once I get back from the Jackson marathon (relay, that is), I plan to learn the guitar little by little (as in, taking it out and practicing at least 3 times a week), and I plan to spend at least 10 minutes every night before bed in prayerful reading (starting with the autobiography of St. Therese of Lisieux).

Maybe I'm shooting for a lot, but, quite frankly, Lent is just too far away to wait to start some of these things...

No comments:

Post a Comment