Friday, March 11, 2011

Failure...Success

"Think of it this way: only when you are free to risk failure are you free to risk success."
-Chris Lowney

Today's Ignatian blog post talks about putting ego to the side because it often hinders ability to make big choices - choices which may lead to failure. But these are the choices that matter. These are the choices that must be made, or no progress ever will.

Thinking back over where I have come, I realize sadly that there have been many times when I have been too worried about being a failure that I haven't made big decisions and haven't taken enough chances. Teaching, however, has provided me with many failures (alongside my successes) on a daily basis, so I am not so afraid of failure anymore. Recently, I have become very grateful of admitting failure/weakness (even to my principal) because now I know the areas in which I need to focus and fix.

Failure isn't that bad as long as we choose our actions and decisions in the best interest of those involved and as long as we learn from our mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment