After a day away from school, I admit I was quite excited to see my students this morning. And many of them were quite early to school because we were hosting the Mass. (And they did such a great job - I was so proud!)
Our day was pretty average - the students are just so loud sometimes. I feel like there are times when I have lost control. How do I rein them back in? The chatter is often just too much!
But we survived - sans our music special and all (which probably only added to their craziness) - and we made it to the afternoon, where we were joined by Brother Brian who was the guest reader for Dr. Seuss celebrations with the third and fourth grades. He first read "Green Eggs and Ham," which he followed with "The Cat in the Hat" (to which I am partial - probably because of Things 1 & 2).
After school, following a few minutes before the Blessed Sacrament with my fellow teachers, we headed up to the meeting room for our routine Wednesday meeting. Much to our surprise, we didn't have a schedule, and following some brief announcements and celebrations, we watched the documentary, "Waiting for Superman." (I'm glad I finally got a chance to see it - while I feel it does not paint the whole picture of the problems facing our education system today, it was well worth a viewing.)
In the process of cleaning up my classroom and then on my way home, I spoke with my dad, sister, and mom. Good times. Meant to go to Target too, but in the process of filling up my gas tank, I completely forgot and just drove home. Also meant to put in the laundry tonight, but I thought of that too late. Guess it will wait until tomorrow or the weekend.
And now I sit here thoroughly stuffed from a delicious dinner. There is much on my mind, but the most pressing thought is sleep - I need it! I realized that with certain things going on today, 2 cups of coffee and 2 cans of soda pop, and 4 girl scout cookies before bed, there were many reasons why I could not drift off to dreamland last night until about 2 a.m. - 3 hours of sleep is not ideal...
So, I suppose I must bid goodnight. I pray for sleep and peace of mind.
And, of course, I say a little prayer for you. Please keep me in yours as well!
No comments:
Post a Comment