It's time to get my act together for Lent. Plan of action = "Power of One." Allow me to explain:
Fasting:
1 - On the way to school, I will listen to the radio/music/books on cd only when I get on the I-10, thus allowing myself about 20 minutes of silence.
2 - For dinner I will have one helping of food.
Praying:
3 - Once a day, I will pray the Examen (Jesuit prayer practice) to review my day.
4 - Every morning I will get up at my first (and only) alarm, thus giving myself more time to relax, pray, read, and prepare for the day without feeling rushed.
Almsgiving:
5 - I will make a donation to the CDA to help (in a small way) with scholarships/non-profits in our diocese.
Ok, I have a few days to get my act together, but I think this is do-able.
Are you ready for Lent this year?
No comments:
Post a Comment