A fifth grader appeared in my classroom.
"Do you have that poem about the white snow?"
White snow? Hmm...
I'll take a look and get back to you on that one.
Where to look...where to look?
Cabinet? Ah, what the heck, give it a try.
This one? Was it this one?
It must be that one.
Knock. Knock.
Hi 5th grade.
Here you go.
Other poetry books?
You remember the ones we did last year?
Oh, how the students' eyes lit up!
Beautiful!
Poetry - it hit home.
They will remember.
And they will continue to love it...
Seriously, those fifth graders made my day. Additionally, my principal called up at the end of the day and helped my students give themselves a pat on the back because she could actually hear me over the phone - alleluia! (It was really rather funny because it truly was a pat on the back via the phone guidance.)
Oh, Tuesday,
while I usually have feelings of indifference toward you,
today I enjoyed you.
I had fun.
And more fun is to come at trivia tonight.
The night is young!
Happy Mardi Gras/Fat Tuesday/Shrove Tuesday! It's time to prepare for Lent...
No comments:
Post a Comment