Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I'm Looking over a 4-leaf clover...

"Never iron a four-leaf clover, because you don't want to press your luck."  ~Author Unknown

Happy early St. Patrick's Day! This quote represents how much I enjoy corny humor - and that comes in handy in 4th grade. 

Today while reading "Hate That Cat," we "onomatopoeiated" all over the place - CRASH! SLURP! KABOOM! trickle, trickle... Well, you get the picture, right? After all, that's what onomatopoeia does - helps the reader visualize the story.


No big plans for St. Patrick's Day here - still have about half of my parent/teacher conferences to go. Guess that's not quite the luck of the Irish...


So, because I will likely not blog tomorrow, I leave you tonight with a traditional Irish blessing:



“May the road rise up to meet you, 

May the wind be ever at your back. 

May the sun shine warm upon your face 

and the rain fall softly on your fields. 

And until we meet again, 

May God hold you in the hollow of his hand.”

No comments:

Post a Comment