- Robert Redford
Soooooooo, principal came in at the end of the day to speak with my class about their behaviors and to start thoughts of a better management system (more concrete, perhaps?) that will hopefully bring these students out of their very immature level to a level ready for 5th grade. I swear, some days I think they are 1st/2nd graders trapped in 4th graders' bodies. (I never learned class management for that age!)
Embarrassed? Yes, I was. (And that's an understatement.) Did I take it personally? Absolutely not - I recognize that I need to make a change (should have realized I had a problem when I spent more time managing than actually teaching), I just haven't been able to figure out how, so now I've got someone else on my side. Alleluia! Borrowing the words of Robert Redford (see above), this problem will now be an opportunity for me to grow as an educator in the realm of classroom management. (Gosh, it was so much easier with 14 students last year!)
Operation 4th Grade Boot Camp starts ASAP.
No comments:
Post a Comment