Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Absent-Minded Professor

Yes, it's true. Despite the fact that I may often appear to have it all together, in reality I tend to be somewhat forgetful, unless I have a note on my forehead or something like that.

Let's see, I locked myself out of my house when I went for a jog (didn't check for the spare key, which, apparently, my housemate had removed over the break). I left my cup of tea in the microwave (and it would probably still be there had Helene not heated up a pie for dessert). I lost the master calendar my principal put in everyone's mailbox (you know, the important one with all the dates of things going on at school). And that's just for starters...

I guess sometimes it's okay to be absent-minded. I mean, hey, there were a few good things that came out of some of the above. For example, when I locked myself out I was able to see an incredible Arizona sunset (bright yellowish-orange turning to brilliant pink and red), which then changed into a starry night sky. (Yep, you guessed it - I was outside for quite some time.) Also, I just heated up my tea again - no big deal - it's probably better after dinner anyways, right?

Tomorrow I am going to cross my fingers that I remember everything for the marathon weekend. (Oh, that's right, I still need to pack.)

I don't think being absent-minded tomorrow is going to fly...

No comments:

Post a Comment