Thursday, January 20, 2011

Don't forget the Little Things...

List of little things from today for which I am thankful:

1. School-wide Mass to celebrate Blessed Basil Moreau (and the fact that Fr. John started in French because, quite simlply, "that's how Basil Moreau would have started")

2. Student engagement in a mini lesson on episodic plot during Readers' Workshop (Yay Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing)

3. Schoolhouse Rock ("We the people...")

4. A literal bucketful of resources lent from a colleague

5. Driving home in the carpool lane (and, thus, having someone in the car with whom to share a conversation)

6. Driving with the sun roof open

7. Getting stuck in traffic with a favorite song on the radio

8. Happy Hour with friends

9. Quick trip to Target

10. Pretzels (the sourdough nibbler kind)

11. Tomorrow is Friday (and buck-a-jean day)

12. Knowing that I am waking up every morning and giving all I can give

2 comments:

  1. was that a comment i was supposed to write? or are you saying this about me? ha ha

    back at ya! march is too far away...

    ReplyDelete