Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Just Enough is Not Enough

It's a trap - and it's a hard one to get out of. But face it - just enough is NOT enough.

While it is hard for me to admit it, sadly it's true that I have been getting by these past few weeks with just enough. I gave minimum feedback, didn't grade a few quizzes, didn't quite think through a few lessons as I should have... How can I expect my students to give their very best if I am not doing so myself?

So, in reality, it comes down to one word that Fr. Lou threw in our directions at the ACE marathon in Jackson: Strive.

The truth is, it's hard work to give so much effort day in and day out, but it's much more fulfilling in the long run. God never promised "easy". In fact, as I constantly tell my students, "If it was easy, everyone would do it."

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you're doing more than you realize! ;) Sometimes you need what you would call a break (or not doing more than enough- which is your usual) for your sanity. Keep on keeping on- strive- you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you Miss Kelly. When we let off the gas, students begin coasting along as well. I have been doing just that myself and reaping the results. New week, new drive to strive! Love you and you will figure where you will be because God's winks are hard not to miss!

    ReplyDelete