Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Talk about a long commute

Car ride home tonight = (about half of the) State of the Union Address + commentary + nearly 2 music cds ---> Yes, if you do the math, that comes to right around 2 hours (usually it's a 40 minute drive). Good thing I filled up on gas yesterday.

Nothing too exciting happened today, unless you count a couple of kids finally admitting that they actually enjoyed math and one girl falling into the recycling classroom bin after school. (She's ok.) We also hosted a 4/5 parent meeting to empower parents to talk to their students about sexuality and body changes - I think it went over quite well. (The parents seemed very receptive.)

I honestly didn't even bring in my teacher bag of stuff tonight when I got home - it's going to be pretty much straight to bed here in a few minutes. If I know one thing, it's that I need sleep to be able to function in the classroom. (I also know that without a special tomorrow, it's going to be nonstop until after the faculty and AR team meetings.)

But somehow, I'm still smiling. (Maybe it's because I'm "counting blessings instead of sheep...")

No comments:

Post a Comment