It's that time of the year when the future really starts to stress me out. I honestly don't know what I want to do next year or, ultimately, with my life. I thought I could do the whole teaching thing forever, but now I'm not so sure that's what I am meant to do. Sometimes it feels that I could do better in another capacity - the plans and creativity are there, but my execution in the classroom often leaves much room for improvement.
No one can expect to be a perfect teacher after just 3 years. In fact, according to "Outliers" (which I am currently listening to on cd on my commutes to work every day), I can't expect to be really good for at least 10 years. That's kind of a long time to wait. And dealing with both sides of the parent spectrum as well as nonstop chatty children (is it that time of year? or can I expect this for the rest of the school year?) can make me pretty darn frustrated on nearly a daily basis.
Lord, I need a sign...
No comments:
Post a Comment