The clock read 5:06 (a.m., that is). Well, that's what I figured it said because, honestly, I could barely open my eyes. It seemed like I had just drifted off into sleep - and I probably had; after all, I had gone to bed at midnight after trying to finish lesson plans and visiting for nearly an hour with one of my housemates from last year who is in town.
I was actually considering taking a nap during my planning period, only I didn't end up having that because our librarian was another teacher's substitute. 1st day back and having the kids straight through from 7:45-3 p.m. was a little rough, not going to lie. But we made it!
Oh, and I had 2 great laughs today. Both of these moments were because of the same student, mind you -->
First, this morning, Sr. Ignacia asked everyone at morning message if they were ready to have a good day, and the student yelled back, "No." I looked at him, puzzled and, admittedly, a little frustrated, and he shrugged and said, "I partied for 3 days straight. You didn't do that."
Second, as we were heading down to aftercare today, the student asked me, "Do you know why I like Mr. Castillo?" I told him I didn't know why. Matter-of-factly, he simply says, "Because he's Mexican." (I was expecting something along the lines of "he's cool" or "he's a guy" but hey, can't ever expect to get what you expect working with children, right?)
Well, it looks like I need to start catching up on sleep this week.
Maybe...
Ah, who am I kidding? It's already nearing 10 tonight (went to happy hour(s) with some friends for my housemate's birthday and literally got home about 30 minutes ago), and I promised myself I would finish my sub plans before bed. But it is hard to function without sleep. Hmm... dilemma...
And yet, here I am again, writing my thoughts, pondering life and all that jazz, while really I should be finishing things up for the week and, oh, that's right, going to bed. Maybe this whole stream of conscious thing is what I need to be doing right now, but, somehow, I highly doubt that. It's just that ugly procrastination thing again. Grand.
Jackson in about 72 hours...Enough said...
No comments:
Post a Comment