Monday, January 24, 2011

When you drive

The first 10-15 minutes of my drives to school every morning have been in silence - and it has been wonderful. Just me and God, thoughts, and the road. It's amazing how it centers my day. (And once I get past the fact that it is, indeed, still dark outside, it's quite pleasant.)

The rest of my drives (to school and then home in the afternoons) have been filled this past week or so with the book Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell. While I cannot say I agree with everything he presents in his book, it definitely is a thinker that makes the reader (or in my case, listener) think outside the box --> http://www.gladwell.com/outliers/index.html

Other than that, it was the first Monday I've taught in awhile, considering last week was MLK holiday and the week before that I was stuck in Jackson. And it was okay. (Or, in the words of Pollyanna, 'You can be glad because it will be 7 whole days before (Monday) comes around again.')

No comments:

Post a Comment