Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Quotable

Best quotes (aloud or on paper) from the day:

Brianna: "Miss Foyle, why can't sea gulls fly by the bay?"
me: "I don't know. Is this a joke?"
Brianna (nodding): "Because then they would be 'bay gulls' (bagels)!"
Corny, but oh, too funny!

Nyomi (on her spelling sentences - we're doing suffixes this week): "Miss Foyle is a lovable person."

Brianna (on her spelling root word & examples chart): "Divisible = not visible. I am happy I am divisible."

Rene (in the middle of class during word ladder vocab practice): "I can't figure this one out."
me: "Well, it sounds like something you eat."
Rene (already with s_ake on the lines below): "Oh, I get it! Stake!
me: "Yes."
Rene (singing out loudly): "HOMOPHONE!"

---
Speaking of quotes, I signed up to receive daily quote emails from the website that promotes those "pass it on" commercials and billboards. While not as unexpected or humorous as my children, oftentimes they are thoughtful and applicable. (And they always seem to come on an appropriate day.)

No comments:

Post a Comment