Sooooo, I went to school today for Mass and to set up my classroom for the sub tomorrow (won't be there because of that conference), and I printed everything off, made my copies, and set everything out. As I was getting ready to leave, I realized I had forgotten to make the enrichment spelling list, so I hopped back on the computer to find that the internet was now down and I needed another way to get my copies on my desk by 7:30 Monday morning.
Sometimes the best laid plans...
On the way home from school I decided to stop for groceries. This week, turkey (finally!) was on sale, so I bought some and got some good bread to go with it. When I got home, I realized I had forgotten to get any lettuce or tomato (or anything!) to put on top. The mustard ended up helping...a little...
Sometimes the best laid plans...
When I was lesson planning this afternoon, I realized we need to squeeze in some extra science this week, especially since our Social Studies unit finishes on Wednesday with our Student Travel Agency presentation. I pulled up the standards, and I got ready to plan away. It was then that I realized I had brought my Teacher edition of the textbook to school for the sub (my kids have science lab on Mondays), and I wouldn't be able to plan that until Tuesday, when I would be able to get my book back.
Sometimes the best laid plans...
I was just at dinner with some of the ACE 17s, and we met at Sweet Tomatoes. Now, if you've eaten there, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. If you haven't - imagine a college dining hall. Enough said. Well, I was doing pretty well with the pacing of my eating (which, as some of you know takes a great deal of effort because I tend to eat fast), and I had decided I was good to go and had enough. Then, Sophie and Dan came back with frozen yogurt with Halloween sprinkles, and you just can't say no to that. I saw Christie go by at that point, and she had chocolate lava cake at the bottom of her dish, and that was it. I am so full, and I was trying so hard not to be.
Sometimes the best laid plans...
On my way back from dinner I decided I should probably settle for taking the back roads instead of the interstate because it would probably be faster. About 20 minutes later (which is 10 minutes more than it should have taken) I arrived at home. I hate some of these Arizona winding roads around the mountains - aah!
Sometimes the best laid plans...
But you know what? I'm still here. I'm lesson-planned for the week (except for science - see above). The classroom is set for tomorrow. And I'm going to curl up on that couch and read some more from "My Life with the Saints" until it is time to go to bed, which, at the rate my stomach is currently digesting dinner, might be a few hours from now...
No comments:
Post a Comment