In the October edition of Arizona Highways magazine (which I picked up at Safeway while on a mission to pick up a gallon of milk and some dark chocolate - didn't quite pan out, but that's a different story), someone was asked to describe an Arizona sunset in 5 words, so that person said it was a "Kaleidoscope of color and clouds" - and that's exactly how the sunrise coming through my back window looked this morning - I wish I'd had a camera! (And again, it was one of those days I wished Francisco would have been here to drive to school so I could turn around!) But man, that woman in the magazine was spot on. Holy cow. I probably could not have picked any 5 better words.
But what about trying to use just five words to describe faith - what 5 words could I use to describe my relationship with God? I've been trying to think about that, and here's what I have come up with: "Hope - All will be well". It doesn't cover everything, but, recently, it pretty much takes care of how things have been going in my life. I honestly thought last week would never end, and it probably could not have been much worse (well, that's not quite true, I suppose), but, man, did I spend some serious time in prayer over that this weekend. And maybe it was just because it was a Monday, but we skyrocketed today...and I'm putting hope in the possibility of keeping it that way.
And what better way to end the school day than with sign language club and...yes, the banana dance. For some reason that dance really caught on and the kids seem to look forward to ending our club's meeting with it every week. It's the little things, I suppose, and, I'll admit it, I have some serious fun with it too.
Oh, and one more thing - call it my "revelation" for the day, if you will - it happened during math class, about 2/3 in, when we were reviewing fractions...
Miss Foyle: "Raise your hand if the denominator goes on top." (A few hands go up) "Raise your hand if the numerator goes on top." (About the same amount of hands go up) "Raise your hand if you have no clue what we're talking about." (About half of the hands shoot up) "Ok, Brianna, tell us why you raised your hand for numerator."
Brianna: "The numerator is the top number - it tells you how much you have. And the denominator is the total on the bottom."
Miss Foyle: "Right. So if we were to look at this number, we would put the 2 on the top and the three on the bottom like this -->" (which I proceeded to write on the board - you'll have to imagine the line that denotes a fraction)
2 --> N
3 --> D
Miss Foyle (cont'd): "Aah!"
Students: "What is it?"
Miss Foyle: "Who can tell me what you read going down?"
Angel: "Ooooh! ND - Notre Dame!"
Miss Foyle: "Well, now I guess we never have a reason to ever get that wrong again." (and then we finished math class from there)
But seriously, how cool is that?! (Ok, maybe I'm a nerd, but come on. Pretty neat stuff...)
No comments:
Post a Comment