Let's face it - At the start of college football season this year, I was pretty excited, not only that Notre Dame had a new coach but also that he and I shared a name in common - Kelly. In fact, I was simply itching to have some kind of merchandise, be it shirt or pin or whatever, that said "Kelly Era" on it. Now, after the past two weeks' performances, I'm not so sure anymore...
Don't get me wrong - I will still be vigilant in my watching of college football every Saturday, and I will be cheering just as loudly for those darn Irishmen, but a win really would be nice. Why is it that most people can't stand losing records? (I'm not pointing fingers - clearly, I fall into that category too.) At least, since one of my teams had to lose this weekend, that means MSU just went to a 3-0 start of the season - yeah!
And football really is everywhere - people even come all decked out in their pro team jerseys to Mass every week. Fr. Eric (a guest Holy Cross priest at our Church) made an interesting comment pertaining to the whole football phenomenon at Mass today - How is it that we can always manage to carve out time in our days for football (Saturday for college, Sunday or Monday night for pros), but find ourselves oftentimes kicking and screaming about carving out that same amount of time for Mass and personal prayer? It's something that needs some serious pondering, so for today I'll leave it to marinate for awhile...we'll stir that pot up again later.
I am such a procrastinator - I need to get my lesson plans done and in Teacherease now, and what am I doing? Blogging. Ha.
No comments:
Post a Comment