Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Like Day and Night...

Zombies by morning and...you guessed it - crazies by afternoon. Can't I have a nice mix of that in-between phase when they're talking only to participate and quietly working on their independent projects at other times?...Oh well, a teacher can dream, can't she?

Today honestly has no words, so I'll just put a few priceless quotes/short conversations below:

---
Angel: (in regards to a math worksheet) "Miss Foyle, you don't do work."
Me: "Excuse me?"
Angel: "Oh no, I mean, like, you don't have to do math worksheets."
Me: "Now that we have that cleared up..."
---
Robert: "What is the difference between Miss and Mrs.?"
Me: "Well, Miss is for people who aren't married and Mrs. is for people who are."
Robert: (thinking) "So, wait, you're not married?"
Me: (in my head, ummm, that would be a no)
(Meanwhile, Alexa is completely cracking up in the front, and I am pretty sure I was blushing at this point...)
---
Me: "Robert, why does your letter say 'Dear Robert'?"
Robert (yep, same kid - he's a gem): "It doesn't. It says 'Dear Patrick'."
Me: (looking more closely): "I guess it does. Sorry, I couldn't read it."
Robert: "You don't read cursive very well, do you, Miss Foyle?"
Me: to myself - well, Robert, you don't write cursive very well, do you? but out loud "No, I guess not." (ha)
---

Yep, again, I had some nice laughs today, regardless of the boisterousness of the class, and sometimes in light of that very aspect. :)

On another note, I have heard the song "Unanswered Prayers" on the country radio station a few times the past few days, and I was giving it some thought -->

"Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers.
Remember when you're talkin' to the man upstairs -
That just because he doesn't answer doesn't mean He don't care.
Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers."

God knows what He's doing - even though sometimes I can't see the same things He does. So, I'm just going to keep praying that He leads me where I am meant to go. (Honestly, I can't complain so far...)

It's almost halfway through the week - we can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment