Here comes the fourth grade, quietly walking down the stairs - pausing from time to time if Miss Foyle thinks they are being a disturbance to other classes - until they hit the yellow line by the recess area and then...
"SKEDADDLE!" comes their battle cry. Let's just say they picked it up from "The Tale of Despereaux", and it makes me laugh every time. :) At least they know it means to take off running.
Ok, so that was a highlight of my day. But, unfortunately, today was one of those days with more frustrating moments than highlights. And it isn't that the students were bad, just talkative. So, they ended up losing precious sharing time, and I forgot to give them a science quiz (we'll have to make that up tomorrow...oh well).
And, crazily enough, it was one of those days that just kept getting longer. I was in a meeting after school until 4:30, so I didn't end up leaving campus until after 5 p.m. I was running low on gas, so I had to stop on my way to the gym, and I ended up waiting for a good 5-10 minutes just to get to a pump (cheapest gas around, so who can blame anyone, right?). At the gym, I quickly found that my iPod was out of juice, so I decided I would cut my workout 5 minutes shorter than planned and would try to get by just watching the tv (sans sound). It was one of the longest 35 minute periods of my life.
But fortunately over the years I have learned different recipes for making the day better. Today's recipe was mixed together after my time in the gym in this way:
- 5 minutes of prayer
- 1 Beatles song ("Here Comes the Sun")
- a pre-dinner snack of fresh orange slices
- 1 slice of cheesecake for dessert after another solid dinner
- & a P.S. note in a student's reading response letter that said, "When will I get to meet your sister twin?"
Maybe I'm not on Cloud 9, but I'm feeling better heading into the fact that tomorrow is, indeed, Friday. I better close - I hope to have an appointment in less than an hour with my bed and the back of my eyelids...
No comments:
Post a Comment