Wednesday, September 15, 2010

This Week, I'm Running on Empty

It's one of those week I was looking forward to before it came - ITBS testing always lightens both the planning and grading loads - but it's one that has become a nightmare as it's taken shape.

Ok, maybe nightmare is a bit harsh. But it's been rough, no lie.

The hours have been daunting - in fact, I calculated that en route, at school, post-school, and home from school on Tuesday night took about 15+ hours of my day. (Yikes!) And today I was at school till after 5 (and that was with the 1:30 dismissal) due to a faculty meeting and then girls' volleyball game. Tomorrow my goal is to leave school by 4 the latest. We'll see...

But what's been even more frustrating and draining is the children's behavior - not following directions and being distracted. Really, what could be so fascinating about a pencil box? (Don't answer that.)

I know that we will get past this, but how do I teach them the importance of directions? or staying on task? or doing 100% + effort? Still pondering that... I'll get back to you about that later...

On a positive note, the girls played a volleyball game today - they lost, but they were at least 10 times better because they were actually moving to the ball and bumping it. And some girls got their serves over for the first time! Woo hoo! I was ecstatic. :)

And the gym helped me get things back in perspective too - nothing like a run to give some peace of mind...

I pray you find peace of mind tonight and energy to make it through till Friday at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment