Friday, September 17, 2010

What would you do (ooh, ooh) for...

- a Klondike bar?...Right now, I would probably give my right arm for some chocolate I could sink my teeth into, but I digress...

- a class that listens? I'd burn a ton of candles and offer up many prayers of thanks. Well, ok, forget the candles - that's a bit much. Plus, tonight, I don't have that many candles. But the kids did listen for the most part today (forget that they were testing all morning - they still followed directions!). In fact, never have they been so attentive as when I was reading aloud the last 20 pages of "The Tale of Despereaux" (we finally finished), pausing at all the keys parts and doing my best deep Botticelli voice. They absolutely ate it up - and they even complimented me afterwards - "We like it so much because you do all the voices!" Well, if that didn't make me smile - I felt appreciated in a small way today, and at the end of a week like I've just been through, it was enough.

- a drop in the temperature? I'd think I died and went to heaven. These 100+ days are draining on me and the kids. And with training (haha, "training") at its highest for the Chicago marathon, that means another super early Saturday morning run tomorrow. At this rate, I should have been in bed an hour ago...

- a ND victory? I'd be lying if I didn't say I'm torn about the ND v MSU game, having grown up a Michigan State fan and all. This was the one ND game I went to last year in South Bend - it was a whole family affair! - and when Notre Dame pulled off the victory, part of me was a little bit sad for MSU. But now, as a graduate of ND, I feel that this year it's different. And as much as I would hate to see MSU lose, I'm pulling for a big Notre Dame win tomorrow.

- a penny for my thoughts? Ha, right now I wouldn't even hand one of those over for what I'm thinking...

No comments:

Post a Comment