Sunday, November 14, 2010

Be-a-u-ti-ful!

Absolutely gorgeous weather outside right now! (So, what exactly am I doing inside? Yo no se.) In fact, I decided to actually walk up to the Safeway this afternoon rather than drive in order to take in the glorious fall air. It was well worth the trip to the store, with the best part being the to and from. :)

So far, this Sunday has been mostly a day of rest. I did go to early (8 a.m.) Mass at St. Louis the King, but that was all part of my plan to then get breakfast at First Watch on my way home. I'm so glad I stopped - it was a nice place to do just a tiny bit of grading as I enjoyed the fresh fruit crepes and cappuccino chocolate chip muffin with some freshly brewed coffee. (And I also got some gas for my car - wouldn't be able to make it to school tomorrow without doing so!) After breakfast I drove over to Target to get a few things for the classroom and also my groceries for the week. I enjoyed looking around there, procrastinating the start to my lesson planning and all. But then I finally did come home (all before noon) and figured out my lesson plans for the week. Now I am all set!

But let's rewind to Saturday - there was a bit more going on then. :) I woke up Saturday morning rather congested, but I was determined to do the Maggie's Place Race. Helene opted out, but I had a great jog/walk with Kelsey. I also met up with someone from Newman who remembered me from the retreat last year and suggested that I start coming to some of their events. I guess it was good to get that seed of motivation planted because I truly do want to get more involved!

Football was overall very pleasing in the afternoon with a Bulls win and then an ND victory for Senior Day over Utah. Iowa lost, which makes things a little more promising for MSU (they still have to win out, but their chances are better now - especially if Ohio State loses next week) who did not have a game this week. Crazy college football!

Before I knew it, it was time to get ready for the Gala. I was very much looking forward to it because I've had a lot of fun in the past at the event. Plus, it's always nice to get dressed up and visit with colleagues and parents of students in a setting outside of school. George and Kelsey and I drove over the ACE house to pick up Dan and Molly. And of course, we took a photo to document the event.



I didn't take many photos at the event itself, but George took a nice one of Kelsey and me. (We should have held up our paddles, but I didn't even use mine once.)



Not sure how much the Gala raised, but the parents/committee worked so hard that I am sure we did great. I'm sure they'll have final totals for us sometime before Thanksgiving.

I'm honestly not sure what to do with myself for the rest of the day. There are plenty of things to do, for sure, such as grading the students' saint projects or baking the AZ-shaped edible cookie cakes (for maps activity for Tuesday), but a part of me just wants to relax - to just sit out on the back porch and take in the last of the lingering sunlight and 70s weather. (I'd also like to catch that darn hummingbird on camera!) Maybe I can strike a compromise with a little leisure, a little grading, and an early bedtime. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment