It might appear to anyone who reads this blog regularly (or even just from time to time) that I have no life. Who in their right mind would post so much? I guess you could say this is my outlet - it's my way to record what happened, both minor and major, over the course of the day in an effort to mull over teaching practices, lessons, experiences (school and non-school), deep inner thoughts (Okay, not so much those), and other things. What keeps me motivated? In what areas am I struggling? In what areas am I succeeding?
On that note...
Today was a long Monday - and I didn't even have sign language club. The kids were SO talkative. I mean, we are talking BEYOND talkativeness. Granted, we did get a lot done today, including making a thank you acrostic for the Salesian provincial spiritual bouquet, taking (and checking) a spelling pretest, locating 5 new states on a US map, doing a science lab on erosion, having library, reading aloud, learning symmetry and ratios in math, reading about landform regions in AZ, and debating the innocence of Alexander T. Wolf in "The True Story of the Three Little Pigs" while we learned about the trait of voice. Phew.
But how much will they retain? Mmm...not so sure about that one. But I can hope, right?
On a personal note...
I *finally* broke in my new running shoes, and I would have jogged for awhile had it not started to get dark super early. (I honestly cannot avoid the gym as hard as I might try. Darn.) I believe my knees are now much happier with me. Amen.
I've still got remnants of the sniffles - I was stuffed up today, and my read aloud voice sounded a little awkward, but it actually fit in perfectly with A. Wolf's (see above) version of the Three Little Pigs. (If you haven't read the story, he claims it was a cold and a cup of sugar that got him into that mess.) The kids were cute, telling me to just blow my nose. Hmm. I finally bought some tissues and medicine to keep in my purse and home - come on nasal decongestant, do your thing!
While I would probably consider today one of my "rougher" (yet, by far, nowhere near my roughest) days, I am still quite content, especially since I have no grading to do tonight. (God bless Mondays for that reason!) All I need to do now is wait for the enchiladas to come out of the oven and to figure out what time (now that the rest of the country has changed!) the tv shows I watch (not that there are many) are on.
Oh, and hello, Thanksgiving vacation starts in just over a week, so what's not to celebrate? I can't wait to head home!
we read the true story of the 3 little pigs today too- no joke! ;)
ReplyDelete