Saturday, November 27, 2010

Just Shy of a Good Thing...

Soooo, I tried to do a good thing today and go donate blood - I even got Marisa to come with me. But, alas, my iron count was .2 shy of what it needed to be. (Apparently I should have had a few more brussel sprouts on Thanksgiving or skipped the coffee this morning.) Marisa, on the other hand, had iron to spare. Go figure. Looks like I need to scout out a blood donation center in Phoenix...

As my visiting time in Florida draws to a close - and I honestly can't say when I'll be back again any time soon since we're doing Christmas in the midwest - and the dauntless hours of airplane travel and airport layover/waiting time lay before me, I can honestly say that it's been a good trip. After all, I have been able to see friends from high school and college, get a hair cut, visit family, watch some classic holiday movies, read for fun, watch some college football, have my fill of pumpkin-flavored goodies, and more.

Oh, and I'm also thankful for Thanksgiving traditions, like the classic family turkey apples I grew up making and teaching younger cousins how to make that I have now passed on to the three classes of students I have taught. Check it out -->




Gobble! Gobble!

No comments:

Post a Comment