I love teaching the 10 Commandments sometimes for the sole reason of getting to read their "versions" of each of the laws. Please allow me to give some examples that brightened my long evening of grading:
Alexandra (She admitted to getting this one from her mom): #6 --> "A wise monkey never monkeys around with another monkey's monkey."
Alex: #9 --> "Never date your married neighbor - woman/man."
Yamilet: #5 --> "You shall not kill adults and children or sometimes animals."
Brianna G: #9 --> "Don't date your best friend's wife."
Matthew O (this one's sweet): #3 --> "Keep God in your heart."
Alex (this one is quite good): #6 --> "Once married you should never date anyone else."
Apparently, I was chuckling aloud when one of my housemates walked in and asked, "What are you laughing at?" Well, after reading these, you'd laugh too, wouldn't you? Oh, and imagine accompanying pictures by fourth graders...
On a not-so-humorous front, I am fighting a cold - I thought the sore throat was just from yelling over the kids too much, but, alas, congestion has come on as well as a minor headache. I guess sneezing and sick children all around in addition to sick housemates makes it rather difficult to escape the bug no matter how hard one might try. Rats.
My plan for tomorrow might need to be adapted to allow more resting, but as it now stands it includes the following: 1) morning at Maggie's Place run; 2) afternoon spent showering and then napping in front of the tv watching football games; 3) evening at SJV Gala. I'm excited for the day, but I would be much more excited if I were 100% healthy.
I feel a little overwhelmed right now, it's true, as the Thanksgiving holiday nears and there is still plenty to squeeze in before then. Plus, Molly and I just found out we are kind of developing a curriculum for our fourth and fifth graders on bullying, relationships, puberty, and sex ed. Alrighty then.
It's not even 8:30 yet, but I think some sleep is in order. Hopefully this weekend will bring some rest!
No comments:
Post a Comment