Maybe it's because I just attended the ACE Advocates Conference at ND this past weekend...Or maybe it's because I just need the students to have some peace and quiet at the end of the day...Or maybe it's for some reason I can't even put my finger on...
At the end of each day the students take out their religion notebooks and answer three questions: 1- How was I third today? (in other words, how did I put others and God before myself); 2- Where/In whom did I see God today?; and 3- What can I do better tomorrow? It's almost like the examen - taking a look back over the day to really reflect on actions and experiences. Most of the students have taken it quite seriously so far, and for that I am most grateful.
The noise level does usually resume once students have finished writing down their homework. And some days the students run around chasing each other (as much as I try to prevent them from doing so with reminders and, at times, highlights in their agendas). But hopefully they will leave on a positive note, remembering God's presence in their day.
Although, sometimes I doubt it's making that much of an impact - case in point:
Robert: "What's the difference between a Catholic school and a public school?"
Belen: "Public schools have worse food."
Really?? Hmm...we're going to have to work on this...
No comments:
Post a Comment