Aside from a very large amount of grading on Friday night, I haven't had too much to do this weekend as far as school goes - and this scares me. Am I forgetting or missing something here? I don't think I'm that far ahead or that on top of my game or anything like that. So what is going on here?
After getting home around 2 last night and not being able to fall asleep (for some reason I was reminiscing about the past two years of ACE and started crying because I missed everyone a lot) - nothing crazy, I promise, but just a late, relaxed night with a couple of the ACE teachers - I woke up this morning with a massive headache as the sun wormed its way through my window shades around 6 a.m. This was not due, by any means, to large amounts of drinking (I only had 2 half glasses of sweet tea wine) but rather, I fully believe, due to quite a large amount of caffeine, mostly in the form of those darn dark chocolate covered espresso beans I mentioned yesterday. I had so many yesterday that I could barely even look at the remaining ones today. But I couldn't fall back asleep, so I read from the Magnificat (just what I needed to "hear" if you can believe it) and "My Life With the Saints" before I think I finally got a teeny bit more shut-eye and the alarm buzzed at 8:30.
I had some cereal before showering and getting ready for Mass - this week, I went to St. Gregory's, which is the one Kelsey, Julia, George, and I would frequent as ACErs. It was nice to go back, and I really liked the new priest they have. But, again, it's one of those churches that is a bit farther away, so I would like to find one a little closer, if you know what I mean. There's only so many days I think I can spend so much time in the car. Coming home, I made a pit stop at Safeway to pick up some last minute groceries for my night to cook this week (making Grandma's breakfast casserole!) - I almost couldn't find the swiss cheese and had to settle on a smaller pack but such is life.
After a little bit of coffee, some lunch, and an aspirin, my head was feeling much better, and I chatted with Marisa on the phone for a little bit. A load of laundry and four days worth of lesson-planning later, I settled in front of the television to watch "West Side Story" (why I picked such a sad movie I'll never figure out) while I finished up some benchmark grading. About halfway through, one of my friends from back home gave me a call, and we talked for a bit - it was good to catch up with her. Then, it was back to the movie and grading, which I paused for another quick break because I needed to get something else at the Target up the street, before coming back to finish the movie (finally - I mean, it is long in the first place if you watch it from start to finish without stopping it at all) and then have dinner.
And now, here I am, keeping my blogging going pretty religiously and all - kind of stuffed from dinner and deciding what plan of action to take for the next couple of hours before bed. I think I might read some more. I have a new teen book I want to try out, so we'll see if I can make that happen.
Only 4 days of school for me this week, and then we have an in-service on Friday and Labor Day on Monday. And then starts ITBS pretesting - oh joy...
Hope your weekend was swell!
No comments:
Post a Comment