Every once in awhile, I read a book that really makes me think. And think. And turn things over in my head. And then think some more.
I just finished "Eat. Pray. Love.", and I must say, that book made me do just that. It was insightful, brutally honest, and humorous. I enjoyed very much curling up with it these past few days, and I think I just might make it to the movie theater next weekend with one of my housemates to see the movie. We'll see how the week goes...
While the "eat" part was irresistible, I found my favorite part to be the "pray" part that takes place in India. It seemed to me that this was the time she did the most growing (obviously not literally because that was in Italy due to the pasta and gelato!), and rightly so because it was the time she spent most in tune with God. I love how she wrote about wrestling with her thoughts and faith, her conversations with people she met, and her decisions about how she would spend her time.
I think I will put this book back on my bookshelf, but it will not stay there forever. I will pass it on to a friend or at least keep it at fingertip's touch to pull out and check back in with from time to time.
For now, though, it is time for bed. Monday mornings always come earlier than expected - and not just because I set my alarm clock for 15 minutes earlier...
i loved that book too! :) sooooo good!
ReplyDeletewhat's next for you?
"My Life With the Saints" intermixed with a young adult book called "I Am the Messenger" (= same author of "The Book Thief")
ReplyDelete