Before this weekend, I could rightly say I've handled tools about as many times as I have fingers...Well, let's be honest, probably less... This weekend, however, changed that, as I put together my AZ license plate, my desk, and my bed. (Yes, by matter of deduction, that means I am no longer sleeping on my friend's air mattress.)
The first two (license plate and desk) I assembled without assistance - let's face it, those were both pretty straightforward, and the desk came with directions. A screw here, a screw there, and voila! But the bed...let's just say without my housemates it would a) still be at the ACE house and b) still be in pieces. But with their help, perhaps about an hour later, we had unloaded it from Nick's truck, taken it apart to fit through the door of the back patio, and reassembled it in my room. Mission accomplished. Mystery (see title of blog) solved.
As I sit here this morning, sipping my freshly brewed cup of coffee, I am trying to collect my thoughts for the day. I went to Mass last night at St. Paul's Church up the street (Happy Feast of the Assumption of the Blessed Mother!) - it was a nice Church, but it was pretty much an older crowd for the Saturday evening Mass. I'm up for "shopping around" at other Churches around our area. We'll see how that goes. And as for so far today, I have done my weekly grocery shopping at the neighborhood Safeway and have eaten breakfast. My next mission (before the lesson planning commences) is to go to Target for bed sheets and a few other necessities, like toothpaste, face wipes, etc. Hopefully, I can get that done before noon, when some serious school things need to happen. After my school work is done, I plan to reward myself with more reading of "Eat, Pray, Love." (Last night, I read my way through most of Italy, getting pretty hungry the whole time.)
And so, as they say in Italy, Ciao!
No comments:
Post a Comment