Monday, August 16, 2010

At least someone is on the ball...

Amidst the normal 'craziness' of any given Monday, this particular one had me forgetting things right and left! "Miss Foyle, we forgot to practice our multiples of threes"..."Miss Foyle, you forgot to make a copy for me"..."Miss Foyle, we skipped Social Studies..." Oops...On the bright side, I guess that means my fourth graders are actually paying attention. Right on, kiddos!

But in spite of all of my forgetfulness, we did pretty well overall, especially right after the weekend and for really the first time jumping into a normal schedule. My students were quiet in the hallway (so much so I could have sworn I lost them at one point), and they completed and shared their morning activity just as I had hoped they would. And Social Studies - we'll fit in that missed class on Wednesday - quite truthfully, I was trying to figure out what I was going to put there to replace their Music class, as Ms. Kat is out until the end of September with her brand new baby. Yep, we did pretty good.

Is it crazy that I was eager to get everything finished after school so I could race to my car and listen to "House Rules" on CD? Wow, I am such a nerd, but it's seriously how I get most of my 'reading' in these days. And it's getting to the good part - they just found the body...But don't worry, I won't spoil anything. Promise.

Seriously, though, the listening to the stories on CD helps the drives pass faster - I stopped off at the gym today on my way home, spent a brief time on the treadmill (all the while praying that it will cool down soon so I can just run outside), and then piled back in the car and made it home with minimal traffic hiccups.

And then, once inside the comfort of my house, I treated myself to a delectably refreshing Edy's blueberry acai frozen popsicle - yum! I had to pretty much scarf it down, though, as even inside the house (which is air conditioned) it was melting faster than...well, you can fill in your own comparison statement here.

But, let's face it, this AZ heat at 104 degrees is not something I imagine anyone would envy...ever...and, well, darn it, you'd be right. At least it's dry, even though some of my colleagues were complaining about humidity outside today. (Meanwhile, I was thinking to myself, Really? Humid? Don't talk to me about humid - I'm from Florida.)

Well, Helene's on for dinner tonight - she is whipping up some Rachel Ray eggplant concoction, and it smells sooooooooo good right now. Maybe my hunger is kicking in too, considering the last thing I consumed was that popsicle, which is not exactly what I would label as substantial.

I'm hoping I can fall asleep more quickly tonight - last night I was having the hardest time, and finally I decided to just start talking to God. I figured I was anxious about the week and my thoughts about other things were just all over the place, and, what do you know? It worked! I was asleep pretty soundly after that - that is, until my alarm so rudely awoke me at 5 a.m. Tomorrow I am sleeping in...until 5:15 at least...

As I turn my thoughts upward again tonight, I think I will ponder this thought for the day, which came in a Goodblessings email: "It is the Spirit of God which animates you and prompts you . Henceforth, then, be without fear and follow your inspirations." - Saint Louis de Montfort (1673-1716)

Without fear...I like the sound of that...

Oh, and in case you're interested what really happens in Miss Foyle's class, check out our website: http://foyle4sjv.wikispaces.com/ (You can even practice up on your spelling words or have some serious fun with the student resources...)

No comments:

Post a Comment