Thursday, August 26, 2010

Back up and running...

Tech guy on phone: "So, your name is Charlene? Ok..."
Me: "No. It's Kelly."
Tech guy: "Kaley. Ok."
Me: (laughing hysterically at this point because the whole getting our internet back had already taken an hour with another person) "No. Kelly."
Tech guy: "Kelly. Ok. And your last name?"
Me: (more hysterical laughter and finally...) "F-o-y-l-e."
Tech guy: "Ok. Thank you for your information. Can we get your phone number?"

Well, I could go on here, but you probably get the picture. In total I spent at least 2 hours on the phone today with tech support from our internet and router providers, and at least now we have internet to show for it. Unfortunately, we also have a bill for those two hours of help, which were not covered under the original warranty. (They really get you - it's not like you can say no to the help which you obviously need. Really?)

All in all, surprisingly, I was able to remain quite positive. In fact, if I checked in the mirror, I would probably find myself still smiling. (And that's after I have now finished grading all of the math tests and entering grades.)

Not too much out of the ordinary has passed these last few days, so, no, you haven't missed out on any major highlights of my week or life...unless you consider eating melt in your mouth chocolate-covered peanut butter-filled pretzels life altering. I mean, hey, they did inspire these 2 haiku verses:

"Smooth choc'late casing
Inside, sweet peanut butter
Crunchy pretzel too

Three amazing foods
All served together as one
Heaven in my mouth"

School continues onward, and the students are getting a little restless for the weekend. I am almost finished with "House Rules" (the book on CD I've been listening to for the past 2.5 weeks - 17 discs is long!), so next I will probably take an intermission and focus on catching up with the country music top hits on the radio or maybe NPR.

Bedtime soon calls - have to get to school a little early to beat traffic and make copies. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment