Friday, August 27, 2010

Too many pretzels?

Is there such a thing as too many pretzels? As in, "I ate half a 1/2-pounder bag of pretzel nuggets" too many? My stomach hurts now...That was dumb.

The weather forecast predicts rain for the morrow, but I'm praying it stays clear (and cool - low 80s!) until after my long run. Then, it's off to the Scholastic Warehouse book sale down by the airport, a quick stop by the library to (finally!) drop off my book on CD (finished it today), and maybe a matinee showing of "Eat Pray Love" with one of my housemates and maybe a couple of the ACE ladies. We'll see.

Kiddos were a bit crazy today, but, in all fairness a) it was Friday and b) it rained, which is a rarity in AZ. In fact, we "celebrated" the rain by doing that activity when you start out rubbing your hands together and progress through tapping and clapping to pounding feet and flashing lights (and then reverse process back to silence). When we had finished, we sat down, and the students asked if we could do it again. Mmm, maybe later.

One of the better lines for the week comes from Angel: "What's a teacher wish list? Does that mean we get to wish for a new teacher? Because I want Mr. Castillo to come back and be my fifth grade teacher next year." (Priceless) I hated to burst his bubble that a teacher wish list is something teachers get to ask for. Sorry kiddo.

I think I'll actually be heading to bed soon. I just did a TON of grading (and there's still more to do this weekend!) while watching "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants Part I" (oldie but goody) on my computer. Then, I started listening to a cd one of my friends gave me. One song so far stood out to me, and some of the lyrics are as follows -

"There's hope.
It doesn't cost a thing to smile.
You don't have to pay to laugh.
You better thank God for that..."

You better believe I'm thanking God right now. With all the laughter I get every day (especially in the classroom), I'd owe somebody a fortune by now!

Cheers to the weekend - and a little relaxation, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment