Ok, so in parallel to the title "Eat Pray Love", this is how I spent my day:
1) RUN --> Let's just face the fact that it was a little harder than usual to motivate myself out the door this morning. Granted, I got up a little later, as the weather forecast suggested it would be cloudy and cooler (upper 80s instead of 100s), so I slept in until 5:20. On a whim, I decided I better check the mail because I had forgotten to do so yesterday, and I found that I had received a very sweet card from a fellow ACE 15er, which totally made my day. It was so sweet! And it gave me that final kick in the butt to get going. Just about 3 hours later (it was actually more because there was walking - a lot of walking - involved and I stopped my watch at those points) I collapsed onto the living room carpet for stretching and such. A little sore might be an understatement. But I'd done it - probably right around 18 miles give or take. Alleluia! Breakfast was incredible!
2) ERRANDS --> After my shower, I was off and running (ok, maybe I should use a different term here?) to the Scholastic Warehouse for their book sale. I gathered a few titles for my classroom as well as some for the 5th graders. I think they'll like my choices. Then, I dropped my library book on CD off (I wanted to avoid late fees) and proceeded to the bank. As I drove in my car today, I was listening to a CD one of my friends from back home sent me, and it literally made me laugh out loud - it ranged from country standards to Sound of Music to Backstreet Boys - it was phenomenal! I made it out of Target spending (probably a record) about $10 for 2 muffin mixes, hydrogen peroxide, and a yellow shirt (Roald Dahl month is coming up, bear with me here). I grabbed a bite to eat at Einstein's for lunch, and then I was back home...for a little bit...
3) FUN --> And that's when the fun started. NO grading today - I'd done most of it yesterday, and I am leaving the writing benchmarks for tomorrow when I do my lesson planning, as my Social Studies, Reading, and Writing are pretty much all taken care of already. (I figured I would have some time to play around with.) Much to my delight (but to the dismay of my stomach), my housemate had purchased dark chocolate covered espresso beans from Trader Joe's, and I definitely had my share of them (they are addicting!), and we decided on a movie time for "Eat Pray Love." Before I really had time to relax after the errands, it was pretty much time to go to the theater.
After having just read the book, I was both looking forward to and hesitant to see the movie. But it was very well done and pretty true to the book. I would recommend it. Apparently the woman behind us was bawling. I didn't tear up, but it made me think a few things over again, and I decided that the book is one of those that you can probably read at different points in your life and get different things out of it.
On the drive back to the house, it looked like the skies were just going to open up and swallow us in their rains, but I made it to Safeway before the storm hit. And it was a mighty fast storm because by the time I had gotten my groceries, the skies had cleared and the sun came out. Amazing.
I was pretty hungry by the time I got home, so I unpacked my groceries and made myself a sandwich with fresh avocado and a few other snacks too. (I'd be lying by omission if I neglected to mention I had a few more of those darn espresso beans.) And in a little bit we'll be off to the ACE house to hang out for a bit before going out - where to? Who knows, and, quite frankly, who cares. It's gonna be great!
No comments:
Post a Comment