Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Days go by

Now, I must admit it's rather difficult to be looking ahead for any great amount of time in life as the events of this week and next are bearing down rather in full at the moment. However, the questions of next year have already started coming from parents (and friends) - One gentleman approached me as I was leaving the Teachers' Lounge today and asked if I would be teaching at SJV next year. I wasn't quite expecting that question first thing this morning, so I answered honestly that I don't know. (Seriously, it's the truth!) He went on to insure me that this would all be "between him, me, and the fencepost," so I explained a little more about the thoughts I've been having. I realized his interest in the matter because his daughter is currently in third grade. He later said that he is curious because he would like his daughter to have me as a teacher because he has heard good things about me from students and parents. (That was nice to hear.) I told him that when I know I'll let him know. But, then again, I might not know for awhile... Ah, the unknown!

Well, by this time next week, all of our hard work will have paid off and our school will pass its accreditation. Well, that's what I keep telling myself. There's honestly (knock on wood) no reason why we shouldn't pass. The hours of preparation of our classrooms and documents have been countless. But everything seems to be coming together. Now, if Sr. Ignacia will just remain calm...

This evening I found myself lesson planning for next week - this is a newer concept to me, not that I haven't lesson planned long-term before, but I usually put everything into our school's system on Sunday afternoons each week. Change of plans because we need to have our lesson plans for accreditation week (aka next week) in on Friday. Ah! Well, I'm getting there - only reading and writing left to hammer out - that's manageable. But that does, unfortunately, mean that I will have to wait to start the swing dance lessons until next Thursday. Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment