Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Hey There, February

“Keep on beginning and failing. Each time you fail, start all over again, and you will grow stronger until you have accomplished a purpose ... not the one you began with perhaps, but one you'll be glad to remember.”
- Anne Sullivan Macy (1866-1936); teacher

I like the fact that this quote comes from a teacher because from that perspective, these words could not be more true. It's impossible (at least for us amateurs!) not to fail in at least some small (or big!) way every day.

So, yes, I failed at a lot of things today: getting my religion objective across, controlling a class meeting, teaching negative numbers (bane of my existence!), and keeping my cool. But tomorrow I will start again.

What will you do with a new start...?

Oh, what I wouldn't give for a snow day...

No comments:

Post a Comment