Sunday, February 20, 2011

Make a choice

As I lay in bed this morning in those brief minutes between alarm 1 and its back-up, I knew I had a few choices to make. The first choice - 8 or 10 a.m. Mass up the street? The second choice - grocery store before or after Mass? (Well, guess that one depended on choice 1.) Third choice - what do I do with my day before my day off?

Mass at 8 it was, and that was followed by a trip to the local Safeway. Upon returning home, I enjoyed some breakfast and coffee (so nice and warm inside compared to the rainy weather outside) before taking a trip to the Borders (store closing) and making some good purchases. Later, George suggested a trip about an hour east of us to hike. I was game (and so was one of the current ACErs).

Let's just say the weather did not look promising as we ventured eastward. George (and Joe and I) were getting pretty worried - we were really thinking we'd just about gone all that way for nothing. However, God certainly was good, and the rain transformed into a light mist and held off during our hike up the trail. What a great afternoon hike! (See pictures below.)

Now, I think I'll keep sipping my tea and migrate to the couch to finish up the book I've borrowed from the library about John Wooden. Tomorrow will be a day of lesson planning and preparations for the week. A morning run might be in order too...


No comments:

Post a Comment