Monday, February 7, 2011

Find the Beat Again

Less than 5 minutes after my alarm clock rang this morning I was feeling stressed out. My minutes of silence in prayer before I hit the interstate turned into moments of freaking out, asking God what the heck is going on. (I honestly hate mornings like this.)

Thankfully, traffic was moving on the interstate. I didn't feel like listening to NPR, and all of the music stations were either on commercial or talk show, so I put in a cd. I know it sounds crazy, but I swear, it felt like something was speaking right to me as I turned up the volume:

"Why you walking around with your heart so heavy?
Is it gettin' you down? Steady beat, beat steady.
And with the way you're feeling, thinking that it never will end
And I know you say you got your reasons, you kick it 'til you break it again

But I wanna say
Hey! (Hey!) Hey! (Hey!)
Things are lookin' better now
Hey! (Hey!) Hey! (Hey!)
Nothin' lasts forever if you open up your heart and let it in.....
You'll find the beat again..."
- "Find the Beat Again," Sugarland

Let's just say that by the end of the day, I haven't quite found "the beat" again, but I feel like I am getting closer. I have an interview lined up for a teaching position for next year (just have to confirm a date), finished accreditation classroom prep (and they come tomorrow & leave Thursday), found a gym closer to school that is more convenient (and more like a YMCA) on my drive home, got a package of goodies from my mom at school, and decided to crockpot it for dinner tomorrow night. Oh, and a happy hour is lined up for Wednesday (Happy Birthday to one of my roomies!) and swing dancing is definitely on for Thursday (yahoo!).

No comments:

Post a Comment