- Mother Teresa
It's funny this quote should come across my inbox this morning (thanks Mom!), as it addresses exactly how I feel about teaching - such a small group of students in one remote area of the country - what kind of a difference am I making? There's some urge to do something "more," like I'm not doing enough...But, at the same time, maybe these students (year after year) will take to heart the lessons I teach and the examples I lead. And, just maybe, one day they will be that difference for someone else. Yes, I am small. I am one. But someone (well, many someones) was once that "one" for me.
We all need to be someONE for others - and, quite honestly, it may not ever feel like we're doing enough. But we can rest in this simple truth of Mother Teresa, and here we can find peace of mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment