Sunday, February 13, 2011

Random thoughts on a Sunday

Want to feel like a celebrity? Heck, become a teacher and make sure you go to your parish's Mass on Sunday - my, were the students excited that I came. And, it's not like they weren't expecting me - the fourth grade was, after all, slotted for doing the readings and holding the bake sale, and I was as expected to be there as they were. Still, it was nice. I just have to remember moments like these when they start to try my patience, right? (They did a phenomenal job, by the way. So proud!)

Nothing of note happened for the rest of the day - grocery shopping, lesson planning, job applying/searching, packet stapling, GLEE watching, and email writing. I guess I was pretty productive. Currently, I'm sitting with my roommates watching the Grammys. I must say, some of the latest and greatest singers and performers are definitely not the role models I want for my students. Nevertheless, some of my students fawn over Lady Gaga, Bruno Mars, etc. Hmm...

As far as Valentine's Day goes, I know my students will be high on sugar, clouds, and anticipation most of the day. And even though our "party" is slated for only the last 15 minutes of class, I doubt many of them will take in most anything I attempt to teach them tomorrow. Guess we'll just have to see...and pray. Oh yes, most definitely pray...

Here's a thought to keep on your mind and in your heart for Valentine's Day and always. (I know I've shared it before, but it's good to remember some old favorites from time to time.)

"...What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what gets you out of bed in the mornings, what you do with your evenings, how you spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." -Pedro Arrupe

No comments:

Post a Comment