Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Supposed to be...

I was blessed with the opportunity this afternoon to sit down with the superintendent of Catholic schools here in the diocese. (Special shout out to my mom who helped direct me via phone the final mile or so to arrive safely at the Diocesan offices!) The main goal of the meeting was to discuss ACE Advocates and plans for getting more people aware and involved with its presence in the Phoenix area. But the discussion became so much more. MaryBeth is truly a gracious and Christ-centered person. She took time out of her busy schedule to talk with me, and she was not only genuinely interested in the Advocates, but she also was curious about my sister, family, and plans for next year.

In spending time to talk with MaryBeth about the topics I mentioned above, I gained valuable insight into my own thoughts and feelings. I realized that I am in an in-between phase right now as far as nailing down what I will do next year, but I also realized that I have some solid options and something will work out. I know I am coming closer to my God-given mission(s) in life, so now I just need to be open to realizing opportunities that will make this happen.


St. Therese says it so well: "Jesus, help me simplify my life by learning what you want me to be - and becoming that person."

No comments:

Post a Comment